Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Since Noone's Reading Anyway...

[Warning: This post is a bit disgusting.]

I was on a trip with some friends in college when we stopped at a park and there was a dead fish on the bank of the lake and it was a bit bloated. And one of my friends threw a rock at the fish and it exploded. Lesson: don't throw things at dead, bloated fish.

It's probably best not to do anything with dead, bloated fish. As some people in Tainan, Tawain, learned.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael Lasley said...

I'm all about the stats. It is cloudy and misty here today for the second time this month. I'm not happy about it. But today is one of the days I work, so it's fine with me. I'm inside anyway.

If you read to the end of the linked article on the whale, it has a funny part about men gathering around the exploded remains to check out the size of the whale's penis.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting recently. Life has been very hectic, and I'm afraid I've pushed houseflies to the side. I've read the posts, but hurriedly. And I haven't taken any time to comment.

I should comment now, though, that this is the 2nd time Mikey has posted something referring to a whale penis. Does this qualify as a trend?

Gotta run. Again. But I'll be back - in particular, I'm reading a challenging book titled "Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne, and I need the housefly community in particular to help me sort through it.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Michael Lasley said...

I'm impressed you remember the first whale penis reference, Al. That's back when coolhand was still with us. He had a couple of smart-alecky comments for me over that. I miss coolhand. Where is coolhand.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

At last sighting he was in Houston.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page