Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Photo of the Week



NOTE: I apologize for my absence on the comment boards this past week. I was on a summer vacation with my daughters in Atlanta, and our downtown hotel did not provide the Internet.

THE PHOTO: This week's photo comes from my aforementioned Atlanta vacation. It is obviously of the CNN Center, which included a pretty awesome tour.

THE CAMERA: All my digital pictures are taken with a Minolta Dimage S414 with 4.0 megapixels.

A LITTLE CROWD PARTICIPATION: Dr. Watson gave me a great idea: I'll give a topic each week, and you guys send in some pictures! I'll engage a team of unbiased judges (my family) to pick the actual "photo of the week." It may end up being just Dave and I participating in our little photographic scavenger hunt, but that'd be okay, too. Since I went with a summer vacation picture this week, let's use that one as our first topic. "Summer Vacation." Send in your best picture of that theme to me at oscofc@yahoo.com. I'd also be happy to hear any comments, advice, or even suggestions for future topics.

LINK: To view all of my favorites from my personal collection, visit http://community.webshots.com/user/alsturgeon

9 Comments:

Blogger Sapphire Eagle © said...

Wonderful site! Interesting, fast paced and entertaining! You really contribute to Blogging effectively!

2:12 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Great Picture from the Communist News Network. I would have toured The Weather Channel's Atlanta based operation. Perhaps you could have snapped a photo of Alexandra Steele or Heather Tesh or one of the other hot weather babes.

Seriously, I love your pictures. You know that.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture, Al. Here are my suggestions for future topics -

1. Changing seasons (I love pictures of Autumn, especially since we don't get to experience it in our part of the country)
2. Funny pets
3. Black & white portraits (think Irving Penn)
4. Unique architecture
5. Patriotism
6. Photos that capture the emotion of the subject (sadness, joy, surprise, love etc.)
7. Famous landmarks
8. Unforgettable faces
9. Planes, trains, & automobiles
10. And of course, landscapes (which could be broken into sub-themes, like mountains, ocean, city skylines, etc.)

7:05 AM  
Blogger DeJon Redd said...

Or DESERTS! The Tucson bloggers would take the crown for desert landscapes!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the Tucson and San Diego bloggers can compete for the best U.S./Mexico border landscape. Extra points if your photo includes Minute Men capturing illegal immigrants crossing the border.

There's a good topic for your next conservative politics post, Joe.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,
You crack me up. :)
Hope you'll be home soon and we'll get to see you!! It's been a long time.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitney-
I'll take that as an official invitation for us to come visit you guys in San Diego. Besides, Sheffield misses Major. Is Labor Day weekend good for you or should we try to do Thanksgiving again? We'll discuss the details via e-mail or phone.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

:-)

They didn't seem to be hurting while I was there! (though they did take my money...)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

BTW, I love all the photo theme ideas. I'll be using them w/o a doubt...

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page