Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Don't Stop Reading Just Yet!

Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine is undergoing some big changes!

Three of our original cast members are moving on to bigger and better things, and we're negotiating with three replacements.

* We are sad to see Juvenal Urbino move on. I am in particular. I am excited, however, that we do have a liberal voice coming in to fill the void he leaves behind.

* We are sad to see the artist formerly known as Wednesday Housefly move on as well. Since Dave Barry is unavailable, we're having to scrap the humor column. Instead, we're excited about a replacement that will be writing on "health."

* We are sad to see Coolhand move on, too. We are even MORE saddened to realize that, as for now, I am replacing him. The good news is that we have two leads on "religion" columnists that will be infinitely better than me.

Keep checking back every day. Changes are on the way...

Al Sturgeon

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please make him get rid of the creepy cow.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Michael Lasley said...

Creepy, though, very creepy. Cow or not. Mikey

2:19 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

Okay, things are changing even more quickly than I anticipated. Now DeJon is switching from "news" to "sports," but keeping his day as Saturday.

I'll keep posting a religion article on Sundays until we hear back from my potential replacements there.

I'm planning on beginning a new topic on either Thursday or Friday of next week. I've got lots of ideas, but no good ones just yet!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

Okay, I had to counter the cow with a pig!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

I'm wondering if Joe happened to watch the Cards/Astros game last night.

I'm just wondering how it turned out?
:-)

12:58 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Moo

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page