Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Voting Trends. And Happy Father's Day.

This is an interesting map of the U.S., showing voting trends by district over the past 40+ years in Presidential elections. I just thought it was interesting to see how the voting changes from election to election. So anyway -- just watch the map and it'll do the work for you, changing every few seconds from one election to the next.



More importantly, though.



Happy early Father's Day. My dad's a keeper. On more than one occassion he's driven for hours just to give me a hug and take me to lunch (and by hours, I mean from Arkansas to TN or NY -- and he'd start out for CA tonight if he thought I needed a hug and a steak). The Houseflies I actually know have some top-notch dads. I kind of adopted JU's entire family a few years ago, and his dad is one of the best. I've been on several outdoors-y type trips with C-Love's dad (other than his questionable skills of navigation, he's a hoot). Golfed a few rounds with Doc Watson's dad (he always pays!). So yeah, happy Father's day.

2 Comments:

Blogger C-Love said...

Now that you mention it, my dad is fairly fabulous! And always lost or late. Because of him, I can drive a standard, hold a tarantula without weeping, and clean a fish (if forced). Way to go, Pops!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

Would have been interesting to have everyone tell some "dad" stories.
* DeJon has some good ones I know in a non-traditional sort of way.
* I really like Sandi's dad.
* Joe's dad must be super from what I've heard.
* Unicorn could share some good stories, too.

I'm the rare younger (smile) housefly in the situation w/o a living father. Hard to believe my dad's been gone for close to 13 years now. He was a very good one, too, and a hard one for me to follow after...

Oh, and add my props to the likes of JU/Terry's dad, Mikey's dad, DocWatson's dad, and C-Love's dad. All top-notch!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page