Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Checking on Sandi

We haven't heard from our expectant Housefly in a while, so I just wanted to find out: how you doin' and, while I'm at it, when is it you're due?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandi said...

I'm doing fine. I have lots of stories -- getting forced to go on maternity leave early by my clueless employer, especially -- and lots of thoughts about birth and parenting, but have been a little wary about sharing them since I feel like they must be incredibly boring to anyone who isn't in the same stage of life. I'm really focused on trying to get all the last-minute things done, make sure we have everything we need, trying to prepare myself for the birth and all that comes after. My due date is June 18, but really it could be any day.

Despite the fact that I was essentially forced to leave my job earlier than I otherwise would have, it has been great to be home, hanging out with my kitties and able to put my feet up (to relieve the swelling). Maybe I'll post something tomorrow to give you a little more information ...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Michael Lasley said...

Glad to hear from you, Sandi. Sorry about work...I didn't know employers could do that, although I'm not really surprised.

1:29 PM  
Blogger juvenal_urbino said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying your [not entirely welcome] time off.

I didn't realize your due date was that close. Not being preggers during the summer will be a plus.

Post away!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page