Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Who is Tariq Ramadan?

"The Muslim Martin Luther King" seems likely to be an overstatement, but this guy does sound like a genuine grown-up, and grown-ups are sadly lacking on all sides of the debates within and about Islam.

3 Comments:

Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

Interesting.

I know so little about Islam (other than the general tenets), and for some reason I cannot get motivated to read the Quran & dig down & learn more. It may be that I'm so immersed in Christianity & still can't get a handle on IT! Trying to understand another seems overwhelming.

But this guy is interesting, and definitely not the normal picture of a Muslim.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Michael Lasley said...

I'm with Al. I really need to know more about Islam. And I haven't had a chance to read through the entire interview.

Is Joe still around? Joe? I know he's read the Quran (or think he has), so it'd be interesting to hear his take on Tariq Ramadan's interpretation.

Plus it'd just be good to hear from Joe. I want Joe and JU to argue! And fight. And claim they still love each other with the love of the Lord. Even though they probably don't.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Al Sturgeon said...

BTW, I like his name. It makes me start humming Feliz Navidad.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page