Desperate Houseflies: The Magazine

Feel free to pull out your trusty fly swatter and comment on what is posted here, realizing that this odd collection of writers may prove as difficult to kill as houseflies and are presumably just as pesky. “Desperate Houseflies” is a magazine that intends to publish weekly articles on subjects such as politics, literature, history, sports, photography, religion, and no telling what else. We’ll see what happens.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Update on Al

Al spoke to his mother this afternoon and said that they are OK. It is my understanding that there was some damage to their church building. They have not been allowed to leave the building though.

6 Comments:

Blogger DeJon Redd said...

GREAT NEWS! Thanks for the update... Godspeed, OSCoC

7:03 PM  
Blogger DocWatson said...

I talked to Al's mom this morning and in her words she said "They lost everything." I do not know any details about the other member's homes or how Al knows about the condition of his house. I did not get to talk to Al's mother long because other people were calling to ask about Al.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Duane said...

Doc,

Let us know how we can help.

2:04 PM  
Blogger DeJon Redd said...

Doc, your updates are greatly appreciated. While I was glad to hear our friends are safe, I am saddened to hear of their losses.

Tell me where and what aide to send.

2:25 PM  
Blogger DocWatson said...

Al's mother said cash donations would be the best. Immediately they need water and cleaning supplies, but getting those things to them will be difficult for sometime. Cash will allow them to purchase the things they need in the coming weeks in order to meet their needs.

You can send donations to:
Helen Sturgeon
c/o 7th & Mueller Church of Christ
1000 S. 7th St.
Paragould, AR 72450

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I was wondering what Al had to say, if anything, about other members of the church. My parents are in Alabama and fine, and my grandparents are fine (although my brother stayed behind at my parents house in North Biloxi and we have no way of communicating with him). Did most of the other church members evacuate?

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page